Who We Are
The Chapel Haven Seventh-day Adventist Church seeks to enhance quality of life for all people in the Northglenn community, adhering to the ideals described by the Bible. We seek to share both our faith in God and the church’s commitment to the betterment of all human beings.
As Adventists, we believe that God is concerned with the quality of human life, and that everything—the way we live, eat, speak, think, treat each other, and care for the world around us—is a part of His plan. Our families, our children, our jobs, our talents, our money, and our time are all important to Him.
We are a mainstream Protestant church with approximately 21 million members worldwide and more than one million members in North America. Our doors are always open to the community and to anyone who wishes to worship in one of our more than 151,000 Seventh-day Adventist congregations around the world.
- The Seventh-day Adventist Church has been an official denomination since 1863.
- Worldwide: 21 million
- United States and Canada: 1.2 million
- Worldwide: 153,253 congregations
- United States and Canada: 6,257 congregations
- Schools: The world’s second largest integrated network of schools.
- Worldwide: 7,792 with 1.8 million students
- United States and Canada: 852 (13 Tertiary Institutions, 111 Secondary Schools, 728 Primary Schools)
- Hospitals: Largest Protestant integrated network of hospitals and clinics worldwide.
- Worldwide: 733 Health care institutions, 31,772 beds/units
- United States and Canada: 65 Hospitals, 28 Nursing and Retirement Homes, 4 Clinics/Dispensaries.
In 2011, the Seventh-day Adventist Church was recognized as the fastest-growing Christian denomination in North America, according to USA Today.
The Seventh-day Adventist Church is the most racially diverse religious group in the United States according to the Pew Research Center in its 2014 Religious Landscape Study. Of adults who identify as Seventh-day Adventist, it found that:
- 37% are white
- 32% are black
- 15% are Hispanic
- 8% are Asian
- 8% are another race or mixed race.